Live red travel list
Last updated 01/12/2021
What is the red travel list?
Red list countries have been identified by the UK government as presenting the highest COVID risk and should not be visited “except in the most extreme of circumstances”.
If you have been to a red list destination in the last 10 days, you can only enter the UK if you are a UK or Irish national, or have residence rights in the UK.
What are the specific red list testing requirements
When returning from a red-list country, regardless as to whether you have a vaccination passport, you must follow certain rules including:
- Provide proof of a negative COVID test within 3 days prior to departure to the UK
- Complete a UK passenger locator form
- Self-isolate for 10 days in a government approved quarantine hotel and take two COVID-19 tests.
You must do this even if you are fully vaccinated.
*If you break the quarantine rules you may face a penalty of up to £10,000
This can make your trip extremely expensive with quarantine hotel rates being set at:
- One adult - £2,285
- Additional adult - £1,430
- Children aged 5-11 - £325
Remember to always check local requirements before travelling, as the below destinations will have set out their own guidelines that must be followed.
Which countries are on the red list?
(click on the link to view country specific guidelines)